Public Masses are now once again being celebrated in St Aidan's church. To keep everyone safe and to comply with government regulations there will be significant changes to our normal practice.
- Numbers of people attending will be strictly limited and places will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- In order to comply with Track & Trace requirements, every person attending will need to provide contact details, either on a slip of paper on arrival or in advance by filling in the contact form online (click here).
- Everyone attending must bring and wear a face mask.
- Distancing (1 metre plus) will be maintained using signs on the pews indicating where to sit.
- Stewards will be on hand to direct you to marked places and to control movement during distribution of Communion.
- We are not permitted to have the church toilet open.
- There is no restriction on people from vulnerable categories and no upper age limit; however, young people under 16 years and children should be accompanied by an adult.
To read the full details of the arrangements click here.
Please keep visiting this website for the latest updates.
To join a live-streamed Mass from St Aidan's click on this link https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChRvjbRoua0tm5-9SDAEXXQ. You will also find recordings of previous Masses there.
For Pope Francis' prayer for spiritual Communion click here.
You can access the daily Mass readings by following this link: https://www.universalis.com/europe.england.southwark/mass.htm. In addition, each week from Wednesday you can find the upcoming Sunday readings with commentaries on the Wednesday Word website: http://www.wednesdayword.org/sunday-gospel.htm.
There are many other spiritual resources available. For information about some of them click here.
Keep in Touch
We have a parish mailing list which we are using to send to parishioners a weekly email including a direct link to the newsletter. Joining the mailing list is straightforward - just follow this link and fill in the short sign-up form: http://eepurl.com/gXMief. Please pass this link on to anyone else who might be interested.
The dates for open sessions in September, October and November are in the attached poster. Pre-booking is essentail
The Parish Pastoral Council held its fifth Zoom meeting during lockdown on 24th August; we began as usual with an opening prayer. We reviewed the arrangements for Mass after several weekends with the church open. In general things are going well. We operate a first come first admitted policy and...
We are delighted to see that more parishioners are able to attend Mass in the church. As the numbers are steadily increasing we need to give special attention to the issues below Please bring a mask and wear it at all times in church covering your nose and mouth. Our...
If you are thinking of attending Mass this weekend we would like to give you a quick reminder of the arrangements. All weekend Masses are back to the usual times and will be live streamed. Before you leave home Either: bring with you a piece of paper with your name,...