St Aidan's church is open for private prayer this week as follows:
Monday 6 July, 11:00am–12:30pm;
Thursday 9 July, 6:00pm–7:30pm.
The Blessed Sacrament will be exposed for Adoration throughout the sessions.
Public Masses will once again be celebrated in St Aidan's church from Saturday 11 July. To keep everyone safe and to comply with government regulations there will be significant changes to our normal practice.
- Numbers of people attending will be strictly limited and places will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
- In order to comply with Track & Trace requirements, every person attending will need to provide contact details, either on a slip of paper on arrival or in advance by filling in the contact form online (click here).
- Everyone attending must bring and wear a face mask.
- Distancing (1 metre plus) will be maintained using signs on the pews indicating where to sit.
- Stewards will be on hand to direct you to marked places and to control movement during distribution of Communion.
- We are not permitted to have the church toilet open.
- There is no restriction on people from vulnerable categories and no upper age limit; however, young people under 16 years and children should be accompanied by an adult.
To read the full details of the arrangements click here.
Please keep visiting this website for the latest updates.
To join a live-streamed Mass from St Aidan's click on this link https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChRvjbRoua0tm5-9SDAEXXQ. You will also find recordings of previous Masses there.
For Pope Francis' prayer for spiritual Communion click here.
You can access the daily Mass readings by following this link: https://www.universalis.com/europe.england.southwark/mass.htm. In addition, each week from Wednesday you can find the upcoming Sunday readings with commentaries on the Wednesday Word website: http://www.wednesdayword.org/sunday-gospel.htm.
There are many other spiritual resources available. For information about some of them click here.
Keep in Touch
We have a parish mailing list which we are using to send to parishioners a weekly email including a direct link to the newsletter. Joining the mailing list is straightforward - just follow this link and fill in the short sign-up form: http://eepurl.com/gXMief. Please pass this link on to anyone else who might be interested.
Dear sisters & brothers, With the recommencement of public Masses at St Aidan’s from 11th July we are about to reach a significant stage on our journey back to normality, even if the road ahead is a long one. For us as Catholics there is nothing that replaces being present...
The Parish Pastoral Council held a third zoom meeting on Monday 22nd June. You can read a short summary of the meeting in the newsletter or view the full minutes here
During the coronavirus crisis our parish is potentially losing two thirds of the regular income generated through cash donations through the offertory. Whilst the best way to give is with a standing order and if you are a taxpayer allow us to reclaim the tax it is now possible to...