St Aidan’s Justice and Peace Group exists to support the whole parish to act justly, live simply and walk humbly with our God in practical ways such as:
- supporting Cafod e.g. by raising money, signing petitions and contacting MPs;
- supporting the Manna Centre for the homeless, with money, clothes and food;
- supporting Pax Christi – a Catholic peace organisation;
- supporting the Purley Food Hub with regular donations of food;
- supporting refugee mothers and new babies at West Croydon Refugee Centre with donations of baby clothes etc;
- promoting Traidcraft and Fairtrade;
- occasionally supporting the work of Safe Passage and Seeking Sanctuary.
In addition to this work:
- we aim to increase opportunities for coordination with other Justice and Peace groups in the Croydon Deanery;
- we seek to cooperate ecumenically with other local Christian communities;
- we welcome opportunities where we can work with other local faith groups and all people of good will who wish to promote justice, peace and the protection of the environment – our common home.
We usually meet in the parish house every six weeks or so at 7:45pm on Wednesdays. New members are VERY welcome.
Contact: Rosa Shea (firstname.lastname@example.org 0208 676 2840)